La Fin du Monde

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

La Fin du Monde

Postby Throsby » Thursday Jan 28, 2010 9:26 pm

Hey guys,

An American guy I work with just came back from visiting his homelend and he brought me a bottle of his "favourite beer ever" - a French-Canadian beauty called La Fin Du Monde.

I just had it tonight and - while it isn't my favourite beer ever - found it to be very nice. An excellent after-dinner sipper.

Reminded me a little of a Heffe.

Is there anywhere in Australia I can buy this beer? Or do I need to head State-side to try another bottle?

Cheers,

Throsby
Throsby

Re: La Fin du Monde

Postby Bum » Thursday Jan 28, 2010 9:55 pm

They have it at my local 1st Choice. Check the best before very carefully if you find some - pretty sure Unibroue stopped sending beer here in August or something.
Bum

Postby Will » Saturday Jan 30, 2010 1:04 pm

My favourite wheat beer out there.

If you live in Brisbane you can get it easily at Nectar and the Drinx bottleshop under central station.
Will

Postby corks » Saturday Jan 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Unfortunaley Unibroue stopped exporting to australia late last year, so you'd be lucky to find any, as its pretty popular. The only places that will still have it would be small boutique bottle shops, but if you do find some, don't worry about the best before date or anything, as long as its been stored properly it'll be fine, its a 'live' beer with a high alcohol percentage.

If you do find it though, see if they have any of its stablemates, the Trois Pistoles is particularly good.
corks

Postby Bum » Sunday Jan 31, 2010 10:52 am

corks wrote: but if you do find some, don't worry about the best before date or anything, as long as its been stored properly it'll be fine, its a 'live' beer with a high alcohol percentage.

WRONG. You're suggesting bottle shops actually know how to treat beers.
Bum

Postby corks » Sunday Jan 31, 2010 6:46 pm

I did say as long as it was stored properly, sorry if that was misleading.
corks

Postby Will » Sunday Jan 31, 2010 10:17 pm

The news of Unibroue's cease of exports saddens me. I only just recently experienced The End of the World and have yet to try their other beers.

:(
Will

Postby Throsby » Tuesday Feb 02, 2010 9:58 pm

Thanks a heap guys. I'll be in Brisbane in a few weeks so will try to find some.

As well as check out what's doing at the Platform bar.

Thanks again.
Throsby

Postby Bum » Tuesday Feb 02, 2010 10:30 pm

Got an email from Purvis Cellars here in Victoria and they just got in their last ever shipment of Unibroue beers.

Last call, boys.
Bum

Return to The beer you buy