Coopers Clear

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

Coopers Clear

Postby wrighty » Tuesday Feb 23, 2010 4:12 pm

Not them as well .Yes COOPERS have made a low carb beer and me being curious had to try some.
Well i dont think it will suprise any one who drinks these low carb concoctions to realise that you could line em all
up in a blind fold taste test and wouldnt know the diff. Very little in the way of taste in any of this shite. :evil:
Are people being brain washed, down at the local every second punter is drinking this low carb tastless shite. :(

RANT OVER :!: :!: For now.
Im not an alchoholic i dont go to the meetings !
wrighty

Re: Coopers Clear

Postby Will » Tuesday Feb 23, 2010 10:47 pm

I don't blame Coopers for trying to get in on the market. It's simple business to offer a certain type of product when there is high demand for it.

As long as Coopers keep going with the old faithfuls (pale, sparkling and best extra) then I won't complain.
Will

Postby Tipsy » Thursday Feb 25, 2010 8:40 am

I agree with Will, give the people what they want but keep looking after us as well.
Tipsy

Postby Bum » Thursday Feb 25, 2010 12:19 pm

Coopers Pale is just swill you can taste yeast in. It's not very good, guys.
Bum

Postby bullfrog » Thursday Feb 25, 2010 1:25 pm

I agree with Bum. Not my favourite drop by a long shot.
bullfrog

Postby wrighty » Thursday Feb 25, 2010 4:29 pm

Dont get me wrong im not down on coopers for going with the market im just mystified that poeple
are so eager to buy these types of beers and think there great.Agree that on a hot day they go down
dare i say it like WATER :| .
Im not an alchoholic i dont go to the meetings !
wrighty

Postby Will » Thursday Feb 25, 2010 10:36 pm

I'll agree with you there writhty. I've sampled the Clear and a number of other low carb beers and the word I'd use to describe them is lacking. They have beer ingredients in them but they're just missing something.

As for the Coopers Pale. I'd hardly call it swill. It's definitely not as flavoursome as some of the other pales out there but it's a nice drop in its own right.
Will

Postby Bum » Friday Feb 26, 2010 7:16 am

Bland, inoffensive hop profile. Bland, inoffensive malt profile. Some yeast character.

Swill with yeast.
Bum

Postby drsmurto » Friday Feb 26, 2010 9:33 am

Coopers Pale Ale is a nice refreshing beer but i prefer the sparkling. Best 2 'megaswill' beers going around for my money (not including the stout or vintage)

Haven't tried Coopers clear and have no intention of doing so.

A smart business move by Coopers as the low carb market is the fastest growing sector in the beer industry. A good way of attracting people to their brand.
drsmurto

Postby Tipsy » Friday Feb 26, 2010 3:53 pm

drsmurto wrote:Coopers Pale Ale is a nice refreshing beer but i prefer the sparkling.

The sparkling and the stout are my favourites........well friday arvo, you've twisted my arm Doc, I'm off to the pub......cheerio
Tipsy

Postby 4x4xfar » Monday Mar 01, 2010 1:53 pm

Stupid me bought a carton of the sh*t, needless to say I had 1 beer and gave the bloody lot away!
4x4xfar

Return to The beer you buy