Wine Tours

Other topics - beer-related or not.

Wine Tours

Postby Evo » Sunday Jun 26, 2005 10:01 pm

Just got back from a weekend at the Hunter Valley. Big weekend and thoroughly recommended. If you're into wine (you don't HAVE to be a wine w@nker), the wine tours are tops. Bus ($45) picks you up at 10am and takes you to the first winery. There they take you through about 6 - 10 wines and fortfied wines, sometimes with cheese and biscuits and stuff. Onto the next winery. Six wineries later, Mr Bus Driver drops you and your booty of wine home at about 5.30pm. Too easy.

By 11am we were all topped up from the big night before it. It's quite funny. There were eight of our group and two couples we didn't know on the bus. First thing in the morning nobody was talking to each other. By the end of the day we were all best friends. Alcohol is surely the great social lubricant.

So yeah, thoroughly recommend it. Can't wait for the day when there are enough microbreweries in close enough proximity to each other to do a beer tour.
Evo - Part Man, Part Ale
Evo

Postby Dogger Dan » Sunday Jun 26, 2005 11:05 pm

Evo,

I think there are

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby NTRabbit » Sunday Jun 26, 2005 11:48 pm

Did a tour like that myself of the Barossa Valley in January/February, a group of friends with their girlfriends in 3 cars. Visited 8 wineries in 2 days, one after checking out of our hotel but before heading back to Adelaide, and a golf day in between. The last one before coming home was just after 10am when Yalumba cellar door opened - they had had a VIP corporate group through the night before, so we got to try all the $150-$300 a bottle specials that had been opened for them, but would never normally be opened for an average group like us. Pity I was driving that day, couldnt try as many as i wanted.
Cant remember, Richmond Grove, Peter Lehman, Langmeil, Seppelts, Saltram, Wolf Blass, Cockatoo Ridge and Yalumba, as well as stopping in at Angas Park for some fruity goodness. Spent $240 on wine and $30 at Angas Park. Good trip.
Het Witte Konijn
NTRabbit

Postby Antsvb » Monday Jun 27, 2005 12:50 pm

Can't wait for the day when there are enough microbreweries in close enough proximity to each other to do a beer tour.

Evo,

There is, in WA at least!

As mentioned previously, tried 44 different beers in 10 days. Good times. :D

But yeah, Will be a good day when there are more around.

Did you happen to go to Potter's Brewery at Cessnock?
'Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.' - Benjamin Franklin.

Antsvb.
Antsvb

Re: Wine Tours

Postby jhoneshamen » Friday Sep 27, 2019 7:38 pm

I am planning to go to Hunter Valley in December and decided to do a wine tour, thank you for sharing your experience with us. This will definitely gonna help me.
jhoneshamen

Return to General discussion