I need longnecks!

Homebrewers and beer lovers, use this forum to sell, give away and seek supplies and equipment. If you are selling something on eBay post a link here.

I need longnecks!

Postby DJ » Wednesday Aug 23, 2006 4:00 pm

In Sydney area.. Southwest..

Anyone know where I can pick some up from? :oops:
DJ

"No Excuses" - Kostya Tszyu
DJ

Postby lethaldog » Wednesday Aug 23, 2006 5:25 pm

Your best bet these days is to either look in the trading post or on ebay cos i know the guy i used to get mine from in queensland( slacks creek HBs) reckons they are pretty hard to come by these days and i know i cant get to many of them in vic, im using coopers P.E.T. bottles these days and i can vouch for them i reckon they are great :lol: :lol:
lethaldog

Postby morgs » Wednesday Aug 23, 2006 7:19 pm

Yeah i use mostly coopers pet also. I must say there is something about beer in glass but these pet are cheap and have their advantages. These being, no breakages when your clumsy or pissed and you can tell when they are carbed up by squeezing.
Purple monkey dishwasher!
morgs

Postby lethaldog » Wednesday Aug 23, 2006 7:37 pm

morgs wrote:Yeah i use mostly coopers pet also. I must say there is something about beer in glass but these pet are cheap and have their advantages. These being, no breakages when your clumsy or pissed and you can tell when they are carbed up by squeezing.

To be quite honest morgs, ive been using both and ive gotta say that i dont notice any difference in quality from P.E.T to glass, i was a bit scheptical at first but they have won me :lol: :wink: 8)
lethaldog

Postby Earl Hickey » Wednesday Aug 23, 2006 9:52 pm

DJ
I live in Newcastle and one of suburban newspapers called the Post has a treasure trove, where you can advertise to sell something for free as long as the price is under $50. I notice from time to time that people advertise long necks in there. I recently picked up 120 for 30c each. They came in milk crates and everything! when I went to pick them up the bloke said he had another 300 if I knew anyone who wanted them. so if you have something similar down your way that'd be my first suggestion.

Never tried it but my other suggestion would be the buy, sell and swap shows on the radio on the weekend. Ring them up and say you want to buy longnecks and I reckon you'd get heaps of calls from old codgers who have retired from brewing - but as I said I've never tried it out...
I'm Just tryin t'be a better person
Earl Hickey

Re: I need longnecks!

Postby Boonie » Wednesday Aug 23, 2006 10:38 pm

DJ wrote:In Sydney area.. Southwest..

Anyone know where I can pick some up from? :oops:

Wish you told me earlier, I just put 100 longies on ebay. I'm in Newcastle which is a bit of a drive, but it is well worth the beer.

I have enough bottles and I am selling some off. I don't think I can retract on ebay.

If your keen for more longies, I can ask my mate who has mates who drink a shiteload of commercial to collect.

Let me know and I will ask them to collect. They may have a small fee for the service but I know they do about 100 longies a month. They are all twisties but if you have a quality capper it does not matter.
A homebrew is like a fart, only the brewer thinks it's great.
Give me a flying headbutt.......
Boonie

Postby Boonie » Wednesday Aug 23, 2006 10:44 pm

Earl Hickey wrote:DJ
I live in Newcastle and one of suburban newspapers called the Post has a treasure trove, where you can advertise to sell something for free as long as the price is under $50. I notice from time to time that people advertise long necks in there. I recently picked up 120 for 30c each. They came in milk crates and everything! when I went to pick them up the bloke said he had another 300 if I knew anyone who wanted them. so if you have something similar down your way that'd be my first suggestion.

Never tried it but my other suggestion would be the buy, sell and swap shows on the radio on the weekend. Ring them up and say you want to buy longnecks and I reckon you'd get heaps of calls from old codgers who have retired from brewing - but as I said I've never tried it out...

Call 0411 686 139 this guy had em listed under longnecks in the Newcastle post Treasure Trove @ 40c a bottle. It is over a week old, but hey, ave a go......Boonie
Boonie

Postby blandy » Thursday Aug 24, 2006 7:55 am

Just found out a friend of mine works at a function center. They go through several slabs of longnecks every night. Way more than you'd need for a single brew.
I left my fermenter in my other pants
blandy

Postby Timmsy » Thursday Aug 24, 2006 7:55 am

Im in Adelaide and i went to a recycling depot near my house run by the scouts and thay sold me a dozen coopers longnecks for $3 and i brought 5doz. Am going to get some more this weekend. Im not sure if you have these type over in your sttate but if you do maybe give your local area a call and see if thay will sell you some
Timmsy

Postby Duane » Thursday Aug 24, 2006 8:09 am

DJ,
if you can get to Artarmon, north side of Sydney, I can let you have some for 20c each. Not sure how many I have left, will have to check.
Probably 100-200. I now keg, and bottle whats left in stubbies, so dont need longys anymore. Let me know.
Duane

Postby rwh » Thursday Aug 24, 2006 11:49 am

blandy wrote:Just found out a friend of mine works at a function center. They go through several slabs of longnecks every night. Way more than you'd need for a single brew.

Awesome awesome awesome! Could you tee me up with this guy?
w00t!
rwh

Postby blandy » Thursday Aug 24, 2006 12:56 pm

I'll see what I can do, but he seems to reckon they're pretty easy to get.
I left my fermenter in my other pants
blandy

Postby Anzac Cookies » Saturday Aug 26, 2006 3:16 pm

I dont know whether this guy is near you but i thought i would post the link anyway.. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Home-Brew-Beer-B ... dZViewItem
Anzac Cookies

Postby Boonie » Sunday Aug 27, 2006 9:30 am

Anzac Cookies wrote:I dont know whether this guy is near you but i thought i would post the link anyway.. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Home-Brew-Beer-B ... dZViewItem

They look familiar, hey they are the ones I'm selling on Ebay.
I'm 20 k's south of Newcastle. :)
As I mentioned earlier in thread, I am overstocked as I do not have any more cupboard room and 500 is enough for me.
If anyone who is registered with this forum buys these bottles, I'll throw in the another 20 bottles for free. :D
IE you get 120 bottles for the price of 100. You will have to let me know if it is one of you blokes that win so I can clean another few bottles. :wink:

Cheers

Boonie
Boonie

Postby DJ » Monday Aug 28, 2006 11:40 am

Duane wrote:DJ,
if you can get to Artarmon, north side of Sydney, I can let you have some for 20c each. Not sure how many I have left, will have to check.
Probably 100-200. I now keg, and bottle whats left in stubbies, so dont need longys anymore. Let me know.

Can you email me?

darrylsjones (at) hotmail.com
DJ

DJ

Bottles

Postby shazzam » Friday Sep 15, 2006 6:52 am

DJ

I'm in Ingleburn

Have a few fresh VB longnecks - rinsed and dried but not sterilised @ $12.00 per 30 (40c) or $36 per 100 (36c) - I get them from a caterer and this funds a brew for him.

also have some odd tooheys and strongbows

give me a call if you wish 0422 46 96 eight six
Two ravenous Ambers, with williamette, english crystal & chocolate
shazzam

Postby Beerpig » Friday Sep 15, 2006 8:28 am

Buy a carton of Coopers Pale or Sparkling

Drink contents ................. save bottles

It's a win/win situation

Cheers
Beerpig

Please call me if you still want to sell these bottles.

Postby crozdog » Monday Sep 18, 2006 4:18 pm

Duane wrote:DJ,

hi Duane,
please call me on 0409 835 886 if you still want to sell these longnecks.

Thanks
Crozdog
crozdog

Postby DJ » Monday Sep 18, 2006 4:25 pm

Duane,
I no longer need them so feel free to give them to croz..
DJ

DJ

Return to Buy, swap and sell