Perth - expressions of interest required: free king browns

Homebrewers and beer lovers, use this forum to sell, give away and seek supplies and equipment. If you are selling something on eBay post a link here.

Perth - expressions of interest required: free king browns

Postby MrDave » Wednesday Oct 18, 2006 3:53 pm

G'day,
By way of explanation of the wacky subject - a friend's asked me the other day if I'd like him to save bottles for me. I politely declined the offer of 330/375mL jobs suggesting that king browns (750mL glass bottles) would be welcome if he had any of those.
He went home and asked his father about same, who replied that he's got some 400 or so bottles stashed on a farm about 2 hours outside of Perth from when he used to brew.
So, they're all ten or so years old and probably covered in dust, but are all crown seal jobs with no thread, so they seal nicely with a bench capper.

I'm not mad keen on dragging 400 dusty brown bottles back to my garage, but as these things tend to happen, I've been presented with the ultimatum - they're mine so long as I take the lot Neutral

So it sounds like we'll head out there with a station wagon to fetch them and then break off what I want :|
I'm happy for the rest to go to good homes - can I get a show of hands if you're nearby Perth and interested in a couple of dozen bottles ?

Cheers,
d

[moved this from The Bargain Bin, as this section has the 'give stuff away' bit in the description so I thought it was more appropriate here]
"Ask most people to name a Mexican beer and they'll name Corona. Coincidentally, if you ask most people to name a bodily fluid, they'll name urine."
- John Carroll explaining why Dos Equis > Corona.
MrDave

Postby damonpeyo » Wednesday Oct 18, 2006 11:18 pm

Like the name of the tallies..."king browns", pardon me, but its first time I have heard of that name for them ;)
damonpeyo

Postby MrDave » Saturday Oct 21, 2006 3:58 am

damonpeyo wrote:Like the name of the tallies..."king browns", pardon me, but its first time I have heard of that name for them ;)

Yeah, I figured I'd use the WA vernacular to pique the interest of the locals.
Doesn't look like it worked too well so far :lol:
"Ask most people to name a Mexican beer and they'll name Corona. Coincidentally, if you ask most people to name a bodily fluid, they'll name urine."
MrDave

Postby The Brown Hornet » Tuesday Oct 31, 2006 5:28 pm

Greetings MrDave,

I'd love to put my hand up for any of the King Browns that are surlpus to your requirements.

I've got about 10 dozen at the moment and they were all the "covered in dust out the back of a shed" type of bottles. Only one I've never managed to get clean had concrete in it for some stragne reason.

I'm in Bassendean and would be happy to drive just about anywhere to come and collect them from you. Will even happily throw a few full ones your way for your trouble.

Thanks in advance.

the Brown Hornet
When One's Too Many and a Thousand Not Enough
The Brown Hornet

Postby MrDave » Tuesday Oct 31, 2006 6:16 pm

The Brown Hornet wrote:Greetings MrDave,

I'd love to put my hand up for any of the King Browns that are surlpus to your requirements.

I've got about 10 dozen at the moment and they were all the "covered in dust out the back of a shed" type of bottles. Only one I've never managed to get clean had concrete in it for some stragne reason.

I'm in Bassendean and would be happy to drive just about anywhere to come and collect them from you. Will even happily throw a few full ones your way for your trouble.

Thanks in advance.

the Brown Hornet

Easy peasy. I'm just down the road in Bedford.
I'll let you know when we go on the grand mission and when you can come collect.

Cheers,
d
MrDave

Postby The Brown Hornet » Wednesday Nov 01, 2006 9:16 am

Excellent, dont need a packed lunch for Bedford.

Good luck with the mission.
I'll keep an eye out for your post.

Cheers

TBH
The Brown Hornet

Postby MrDave » Wednesday Nov 22, 2006 4:12 pm

The Brown Hornet wrote:Excellent, dont need a packed lunch for Bedford.

Good luck with the mission.
I'll keep an eye out for your post.

Cheers

TBH

El Hornet, the action is go.
Drop me some e-mail (mustang-bottles <at> choad <dot> tv). I have many bottles. Many of them look quite antique, but solid. Some of them are even Pickaxe brand - so now I know what the eastern staters are on about now :)
There's quite a bit of Roleystone red dust on them, but I'll give them a bit of a rinse off.
Let me know when you'd like to come find some.

Regards,
Dave.
MrDave

Postby The Brown Hornet » Wednesday Nov 29, 2006 8:21 am

Hi there Dave,

I've sent you an email.
Look forward to catching up.

Cheers

TBH
The Brown Hornet

Return to Buy, swap and sell