Coopers Vintage Ale, Batch 1 and 2

Homebrewers and beer lovers, use this forum to sell, give away and seek supplies and equipment. If you are selling something on eBay post a link here.

Coopers Vintage Ale, Batch 1 and 2

Postby Elsa » Tuesday Jan 16, 2007 3:30 pm

Hi everyone

Sorry for just jumping on your brewing forum when I am not a regular or brewer but I have some Vintage Ale that I am sick of the sight of and dying to unload. Actually it is my boyfriends and I can't be looking at it in the spareroom a day longer!

4 cartons of batch 2, 1999
3 sixpacks of batch 1, 1998

Let me know if anyone is interested and what you would pay for it. I live in the Eastern suburbs of Adelaide and work in the cbd so we can do a pick up or I can ship interstate through Australia post with the buyer paying charges.

Any other suggestions of where I could sell it? (other than ebay)

Thanks
Elsa :D
Elsa

Postby drsmurto » Tuesday Jan 16, 2007 3:32 pm

I would love some. Question is - how much do you want for it?

Are you willing to sell the 6 packs of the 98 separately?

Cheers
DrSmurto
drsmurto

can sell separately...

Postby Elsa » Tuesday Jan 16, 2007 3:36 pm

No problem for selling '98 separately ... hmmmmm ... $75 a sixpack, cash and pickup. how does that sound?
Elsa

sorry.....$70

Postby Elsa » Tuesday Jan 16, 2007 3:46 pm

$70 is what I quoted on another website so I better be consistent!
Elsa

Postby drsmurto » Tuesday Jan 16, 2007 4:00 pm

Had a quick search of other homebrew forums i am a member of and noticed the other posts.

Would i be right in guessing that your 'boyfriend' is now your ex boyfriend? Would explain how you came into possession of these..... or else you are very pissed off at him :lol:
drsmurto

Postby Elsa » Tuesday Jan 16, 2007 4:06 pm

crickeys selling beer on forums is a complicated business......!

nah he is still my boyfriend but he bought it 5 years ago and then we went overseas for 4 years so it sat in storage and then his parents got sick of it in their storage space so it got dumped in our very small flat a few months ago and I have reached breaking point and just can't look at it any longer.......tried to sell on ebay but you need a license on there....hence my desperate googling to find beer forums to sell it on!!

phew.....now you all have my life story....

anyone wanna buy the stuff????
Elsa

Postby drsmurto » Tuesday Jan 16, 2007 4:09 pm

you dont need a license to sell it on ebay as it is a collectable item - ie. the container is worth more than the contents. Loads of people sell it on ebay.

Still betting on my former guess :D
drsmurto

Postby timmy » Tuesday Jan 16, 2007 4:11 pm

A little bit OT, but is this stuff really get that much better after 8 or so years? According to Coopers it improves for 18 months. I assumed they would mention it if it got that much better after a longer period.
timmy

Postby drsmurto » Tuesday Jan 16, 2007 4:13 pm

i doubt it would be drinkable but its a collectors item. I bought both those vintages and tasted a 6 pack each 6 months. Does age well but not that well.
drsmurto

Postby Elsa » Tuesday Jan 16, 2007 4:19 pm

ahhhhh.....thanks for the tip on ebay, I listed it in the alcohol section and had my ad removed but now I see that other sellers have listed in collectibles (I was totally baffled why their's hadn't been removed). I will re-list a carton in collectibles.
Elsa

Return to Buy, swap and sell