2 tap andale font for sale

Homebrewers and beer lovers, use this forum to sell, give away and seek supplies and equipment. If you are selling something on eBay post a link here.

2 tap andale font for sale

Postby drsmurto » Thursday May 24, 2007 3:40 pm

Bought this recently but managed to score a 3 tap font so its now surplus.

If anyone is interested, email me - drsmurto@hotmail.com - all reasonable offers considered.

Its the Carlton Font from Andale with 2 swing type taps - see below
I called Andale for a price of new one and was quoted $800 which seems a tad steep.

Cheers
DrSmurto

drsmurto

Postby NTRabbit » Friday May 25, 2007 3:03 am

$800?! That sounds wrong, I was quoted $350 new for the T-Bar 2 tapper, which is one model up from the Y-Bar one you have there.

Not to put a damper on your sale or anything :shock:
Het Witte Konijn
NTRabbit

Postby rwh » Friday May 25, 2007 11:33 am

I'm sort of interested, because I've been looking at getting a 2 tap tower thingo. The only worry I have with it is that it is tall and thin, and thus might make the lines warm up a bit quicker than the wider ones that you can get from the HBS. How do you use those twist style taps? Same as the lever ones? Full on then full off? And I'm assuming it'd be easy enough to attach corny disconnects to those lines?
w00t!
rwh

Postby Tipsy » Friday May 25, 2007 3:28 pm

Oh my god, look how worn that light ice handle is. I can't believe there are so many people that would drink that crap. :D
Tipsy

Postby drsmurto » Monday May 28, 2007 9:37 am

Damn! Will have to call Andale and give them a piece of my mind. I even emailed them a pic of it too! Grrrrr. Did that include the taps and snaplock fittings NTR?

I have never used it so i am not sure of whether beer warms up when going thru altho an extra 10cms or so really isnt likely to make a noticeable difference - the taps work the same tho, full on, full off. Will connect to corny kegs no issues. I was in touch with Ross (Craftbrewer) before i bought it and got him to walk me thru what was needed so its no hassles there.

I am not going to separate this into font and taps as one person has already queried.

EDIT - price. Looking for $170 plus postage. Willing to deliver in Adelaide (within reason).

Am willing to barter with said font and cash/beer for the following services....

A sparky to rewire my bar (was the old garage), add power points, hardwire outside lights, decommission and air con, etc

A plumber to plumb in rainwater to house and advise on installation of additional rainwater tanks.

A fridgie to source a compressor to run a temprite unit and install it.

Cheers
DrSmurto
Email me on drsmurto@hotmail.com and please leave your screen name so i know who you are.....
drsmurto

Postby NTRabbit » Monday May 28, 2007 11:46 pm

Snaplocks and fittings on the font yes, taps no
Het Witte Konijn
NTRabbit

Postby drsmurto » Tuesday May 29, 2007 4:03 pm

SOLD
drsmurto

Postby rwh » Tuesday Jun 05, 2007 11:27 am

Well, I'm the owner of this now, and it's been a bit of a bitch to take apart and clean. One of the taps is newer than the other, and in much better condition, and one of the o-rings is missing. Is it possible to buy servicing kits for these buggers, or is it a matter of scavenging parts from elsewhere? I probably would have been better off with a new tower and taps. *sigh* I guess you live and learn.

Actually, the bitch has mostly been replacing the beer lines, which always seems to take me ages of dipping the line in boiling water and trying to shove it onto the tail of the disconnects. The only way I have found to do it is to dip in boiling water, then shove the hose onto the end of a pair of long nose pliers, and then pull the pliers apart so that it expands the end of the hose, then shove onto the disconnect tail immediately. Seems to work pretty well.
w00t!
rwh

Postby gregb » Tuesday Jun 05, 2007 11:41 am

Try Andale. Contact details on LHS, they may be able to put you in contact with a distributor, or send you stuff direct.

Cheers,
Greg
gregb

Postby rwh » Tuesday Jun 05, 2007 11:42 am

Sweet, thanks mate. Once I've done stuffing around with all this I'll post some pix.

This is exactly what I needed, I'm feeling much better about this thing now. :)

E.K. tap brochure
w00t!
rwh

Postby rwh » Tuesday Jun 05, 2007 12:16 pm

Just to clarify here, I have no problems with the way the Dr represented the tap and everything, he's been a pleasure to deal with, and I think it will turn out really well once I get a servicing kit for the taps and pull them all apart and service them. It's actually quite fun to play with real pub-grade equipment; I quite like pulling things apart to find out how they work (so long as they go back together again :P).

So yeah, appologies to drsmurto.
w00t!
rwh

Postby rwh » Tuesday Jun 05, 2007 3:20 pm

Went over to Andale in my lunch break, and I'm now the proud owner of two service kits, about $5 each, two new top caps, about $3 each and ten SF.T10 o-rings (smallest package), about $4. Soaked everything overnight in oxyper keg cleaner and it's all come up nice and bright, hopefully I'll get it all put back together and installed in the fridge tonight.

Hmm... maybe I'm more excited by all this than you guys are by my narrative. :?
w00t!
rwh

Postby rwh » Wednesday Jun 06, 2007 12:34 am

OK, as promised:

I've straightened the left tap since this photo too.
w00t!
rwh

Postby gregb » Wednesday Jun 06, 2007 5:10 am

Nice.

Cheers,
Greg
gregb

Postby drsmurto » Wednesday Jun 06, 2007 10:03 am

Nice one rwh - glad to see it in use. How does it pour? A pic of your beer in a pint glass would top this thread off.
drsmurto

Postby rwh » Wednesday Jun 06, 2007 6:20 pm

I'm slowly working it out, fiddling with the temp and pressure to get it to pour well. Here's a glass that was filled, had a bit too much head, was allowed to subside slightly and topped up. I'm getting there, will probably drop it a degree or two, pretty happy with the pressure around 75kpa with 2m of beer line.

w00t!
rwh

Postby blandy » Wednesday Jun 06, 2007 8:51 pm

Just let me know if you need any help "working it out," rwh!
I left my fermenter in my other pants
blandy

Return to Buy, swap and sell