Spaten 0.5L Beer Steins (Imported from Germany)

Homebrewers and beer lovers, use this forum to sell, give away and seek supplies and equipment. If you are selling something on eBay post a link here.

Spaten 0.5L Beer Steins (Imported from Germany)

Postby Kevnlis » Tuesday Aug 28, 2007 7:30 am

I have 4 steins on the way from Germany, I will be listing them on eBay if they do not sell here, but I would rather see them go to good homes :lol:

I am looking to get $40 excluding post for each one. This is the price I am paying to get them, they are quite rare in this country and this is less than half of what I was quoted by Lowenbrau in Sydney for one of these (they wanted $85 for the stein and an extra $25 to post it!).

Let me know.

Actual photo of the steins:

Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby James L » Tuesday Aug 28, 2007 10:42 am

Where did you order those guys from kev?

I cant find anyone that will freight out of Germania to Australia. except Ebay...
I freely admit that I was Very Very Drunk....
"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst."
James L

Postby Kevnlis » Tuesday Aug 28, 2007 11:19 am

Yeah they are comming from eBay.
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby James L » Tuesday Aug 28, 2007 11:29 am

I see....

I got some stuff from the brewery eshop, but i needed to know someone in germany so it could be sent there and then from there to here.... crazy....

Looking back, if i was gonna put all that effort into it, i should've bought more stuff... but i'm not sure what the postage is going to be yet....

I bought another stein on Ebay back on the 12th July, and it hasnt arrived yet... must be coming with the next load of boat people....
James L

Postby Kevnlis » Tuesday Aug 28, 2007 11:31 am

James L wrote:I see....

I got some stuff from the brewery eshop, but i needed to know someone in germany so it could be sent there and then from there to here.... crazy....

Looking back, if i was gonna put all that effort into it, i should've bought more stuff... but i'm not sure what the postage is going to be yet....

I bought another stein on Ebay back on the 12th July, and it hasnt arrived yet... must be coming with the next load of boat people....

Yeah, 75% of the price is postage, but at this price I will not have problems selling them :P
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Re: Spaten 0.5L Beer Steins (Imported from Germany)

Postby yardglass » Tuesday Aug 28, 2007 2:01 pm

Kevnlis wrote:I have 4 steins on the way from Germany, I will be listing them on eBay if they do not sell here, but I would rather see them go to good homes :lol:

I am looking to get $40 excluding post for each one. This is the price I am paying to get them, they are quite rare in this country and this is less than half of what I was quoted by Lowenbrau in Sydney for one of these (they wanted $85 for the stein and an extra $25 to post it!).

Let me know.

Actual photo of the steins:

Kevnlis,

I'll take one of those Steins, I'm in Bundy also, it's a pity there isn't personal messenging here.

email please

Cheers

Yard

EDIT: I've no access to the net until Sunday so will reply then.
excuse me... your karma just ran over my dogma.

GOOD BREWS
yardglass

Postby Kevnlis » Tuesday Aug 28, 2007 3:08 pm

I haven't got them yet, it may be a couple weeks anyway. My e-mail is scratchman22 at hotmail dot com. Works for MSN as well.
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby James L » Tuesday Aug 28, 2007 3:33 pm

I luckily have a friend going to germany this weekend, and i got her a big list of things to get... the problem is because she doesnt know what half the things that I want are, i might not get what i've asked for... I've given her detailed photos and brands and sizes etc... so i'll just have to see... fingers crossed
James L

Postby Kevnlis » Tuesday Aug 28, 2007 4:11 pm

James L wrote:I luckily have a friend going to germany this weekend, and i got her a big list of things to get... the problem is because she doesnt know what half the things that I want are, i might not get what i've asked for... I've given her detailed photos and brands and sizes etc... so i'll just have to see... fingers crossed

Is she taking a spare empty suitcase for you? ;)

Every time my family comes to visit from the US I have them each bring a spare suitcase full of stuff for me, it is great! With the US dollar in the sewer and the AU dollar doing so well I wish they would visit soon! :lol:
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby James L » Tuesday Aug 28, 2007 4:57 pm

I wish..... one day i might have to make the pilgrimage myself....
James L

Postby Kevnlis » Monday Sep 03, 2007 2:49 pm

James L wrote:I wish..... one day i might have to make the pilgrimage myself....

What exactly are you after James? The woman that is sending the steins to me is lovely! She lives in Munich and loves to go to the markets there. She is going to have a look for a 1-2L glass boot for me ;)

I wouldn't mind having her look for something for you as well, would save you on postage etc. The prices drops quite a bit when more stuff is posted.

If anyone else is interested in anything let me know.

Actually, maybe I should run some sort of co-op and order things for everyone! :lol:
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby Timmsy » Monday Sep 03, 2007 2:52 pm

Glass boot!!! Hahahaha seen one one the movie beerfiest. What a crack up!
Ah, beer, my one weakness. My Achille's heel, if you will.
Timmsy

Postby Kevnlis » Monday Sep 03, 2007 3:16 pm

Timmsy wrote:Glass boot!!! Hahahaha seen one one the movie beerfiest. What a crack up!

I used to frequent a german import pub in the US in my college years. They gave great discounts on boots (they had a 3L boot and it was only $21 topped up with Spaten Optimator) so a couple buddies and I would spring for a boot, and we played a game with it where you had to flick the rim, shout "PROST" and then take a big gulp and pass it to the next guy, it had only 1 rule and that was if you put it down you had to buy another one for the rest of the blokes who could still "hold their beer like real men".

Basically it was a sure fire way to spend the night flat on your arse ;)

I am after one as more of a momento than functional drinking vessel, though I reckon if I got a 1L boot I would drink out of it quite frequently. Who knows, we will have to wait and see :lol:
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby Timmsy » Monday Sep 03, 2007 3:25 pm

well let us know if you come across one as it would be cool having one sitting there in the bar and occansionally using it
Ah, beer, my one weakness. My Achille's heel, if you will.
Timmsy

Postby James L » Monday Sep 03, 2007 3:29 pm

yeh i'm running around frantically trying to get my hands on a 1L RASTAL ceramic stein for oktoberfest... If worst comes to worst, i'll have to buy a glass one, and if that fails i'll just go the 500ml lidded stein i'm still waiting on from germany.... That'd better get here soon (its been 7 weeks now)....

I just cant justify spending 39US on freight.... Why do they insist on priority registered overnight international airmail... Chuck in on a boat... i dont care....
James L

Postby Kevnlis » Monday Sep 03, 2007 3:49 pm

It should not be hard to find the Rastal 1L ceramic stein. In fact there are a couple from octoberfest on ebay.de but they are quite dear :P
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby Kevnlis » Monday Oct 01, 2007 3:54 pm

Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby sathid » Thursday Nov 01, 2007 3:22 pm

Where abouts did you source them mate? I'm chasing a couple of custom steins as gifts.

Cheers,

Troy
sathid

Postby Kevnlis » Thursday Nov 01, 2007 3:53 pm

I sourced them from the German markets in Munich. A woman there buys them and sends them to me. I still have 2 of these left and will be listing one soon if you are interested.
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby Kevnlis » Wednesday Dec 05, 2007 9:56 am

I have listed the second of the 3 steins I have. This would make a great gift for that Spaten lover or stein collector. Maybe hint to your partner that it would be a good present for you? These truely are rare as hens teeth... even in Germany! It took me a long time to find them and I am not making any profit at all with that starting bid, I just have no use for more than 1 of these and I wanted to share the love ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0181195449
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Next

Return to Buy, swap and sell