New 9 kg Aluminium CO2 Cylinder

Homebrewers and beer lovers, use this forum to sell, give away and seek supplies and equipment. If you are selling something on eBay post a link here.

New 9 kg Aluminium CO2 Cylinder

Postby Kevnlis » Tuesday Oct 16, 2007 5:27 pm

Hey guys, I am ordering 9 kg cylinders from the states. If anyone wants one let me know by the end of the week. Looking at about $200 - $225 to your door (depending on where you are).

The more I order the cheaper they will be. I can give you a firm price and I am willing to cover the cost up front.
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby rwh » Tuesday Oct 16, 2007 6:08 pm

Where are you planning to get refills, and how much do they cost? Also, how long until they need to be replaced/reconditioned? I'm trying to work out the long term cost here (I've currently got a gas bottle from G&G).
w00t!
rwh

Postby Kevnlis » Tuesday Oct 16, 2007 6:25 pm

rwh wrote:Where are you planning to get refills, and how much do they cost? Also, how long until they need to be replaced/reconditioned? I'm trying to work out the long term cost here (I've currently got a gas bottle from G&G).

The local mobile fire extinguisher bloke will fill them for me. I have not got a quote for the 9 kg yet, only found them this arvo (I think about $40). Will get that tomorrow for you.

As for replace/recondition the bloke that fills them checks them with every fill. I do not know how long the parts last though. Will get back to you.
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby Kevnlis » Tuesday Oct 16, 2007 8:35 pm

If you take good care of them they should last a lifetime according to the seller. Nothing on them is maintanable?

Also he claims the threads on the tanks are the same as the threads on the AU (CGA-320) tanks so no worries there.
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby drsmurto » Wednesday Oct 17, 2007 10:40 am

Got a mate who needs a CO2 cylinder. Cost of a courier from Bundy to Adelaide might ramp that up too much tho...

My only concern is how to fill them up. BOC arent going to touch them - if you ring and ask them they say you cant buy gas bottles...... but are happy to rent one to you.
drsmurto

Postby Kevnlis » Wednesday Oct 17, 2007 10:56 am

drsmurto wrote:Got a mate who needs a CO2 cylinder. Cost of a courier from Bundy to Adelaide might ramp that up too much tho...

My only concern is how to fill them up. BOC arent going to touch them - if you ring and ask them they say you cant buy gas bottles...... but are happy to rent one to you.

Yeah I talked to the bloke I spoke to originaly to get a quote and such. He said he can fill them, but the gas he uses is industrial grade not food grade. :?

I am now trying to find a mob that can fill one with food grade gas, and will then find out if they can use the US fitting size. If not it should be no problem adapting or changing the nut on the reg!

The local HBS can do up to 6 kg but is not sure about the fitting size.
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby rwh » Wednesday Oct 17, 2007 11:30 am

There's absolutely no difference between industrial and food grade CO2.
w00t!
rwh

Postby Kevnlis » Wednesday Oct 17, 2007 11:34 am

rwh wrote:There's absolutely no difference between industrial and food grade CO2.

I did not think there would be.

Also Doc, the price I quoted up ther includes post from me to you. If I order 4 or more, I could post them AU wide for barely $200. But I am not prepared to do that until I am 100% sure it will work ;)
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby drsmurto » Wednesday Oct 17, 2007 1:16 pm

fair enough - keep us in the loop, i sent a link to the thread to a mate who needs a cylinder. I'm happy with my 15kg freebie 8)
drsmurto

Postby Chris » Wednesday Oct 17, 2007 1:26 pm

15kg freebie?!! Wish I'd found one of those. A 6.8kg cost me $300- including my first lot of gas for free.
Chris

Postby Kevnlis » Wednesday Oct 17, 2007 1:29 pm

Chris wrote:15kg freebie?!! Wish I'd found one of those. A 6.8kg cost me $300- including my first lot of gas for free.

Excellent, Chris did you get an "Aligal" from G&G?

If so, does this have the Type 30 connection to the reg?

If so is there an adaptor to change from the CGA-320 on the cylinder to the Type 30 you use?
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby Chris » Wednesday Oct 17, 2007 1:44 pm

No, I used mykegonlegs.com.au

Couldn't tell you the connection, but it took a standard Harris reg.
Chris

Postby Kevnlis » Wednesday Oct 17, 2007 1:48 pm

Chris wrote:No, I used mykegonlegs.com.au

Couldn't tell you the connection, but it took a standard Harris reg.

Catalina cylinders use CGA-320, they are from the US as are Aligal and Harris, they all use the US CGA-320 standard.
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby Chris » Wednesday Oct 17, 2007 4:42 pm

Whatever...

as long as it works :D
Chris

Return to Buy, swap and sell