As many bottles as you could possibly want?

Homebrewers and beer lovers, use this forum to sell, give away and seek supplies and equipment. If you are selling something on eBay post a link here.

Postby James L » Wednesday Dec 19, 2007 9:31 am

especially this time of year, everyone i know is having their work christmas party at a lawn bowls club... heck... i did..
I freely admit that I was Very Very Drunk....
"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst."
James L

Re: As many bottles as you could possibly want?

Postby JonesyGT » Monday Jan 28, 2008 9:08 pm

Tyberious Funk wrote:I've been looking into the possibility of buying bottles directly from manufacturers rather than paying retail prices for them. I found a couple of places online, like these guys: http://www.cospak.com.au Unfortunately, they tend to sell is large quantities. But I reckon if half a dozen brewers could band together, they could justify buying a single pallet.

Any thoughts?

I've also been trying to track down folding cardboard six-pack holders. You can get them from places like Visy and Amcor, but I'm not sure if they sell in small quantities directly to the public.

Hi Tyb

Just an FYI

I went direct to cospak here in Sydney & bought 6 dozen bottles straight from the floor.
The staff were most helpful & mentioned that theyll sell in any quantity if you go direct, ie, not internet.
They also have larger 60 litre fermenter & taps etc if your doing double batches etc.
Was about 1 hour drive from my place but was well worth it.

Just for the record, only 1 bottle has broken in over 12 months of brewing, so Im very happy with the purchase

Cheers Mark
JonesyGT

Postby James L » Tuesday Jan 29, 2008 8:59 am

yeh, but how much were they?
I freely admit that I was Very Very Drunk....
"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst."
James L

Postby JonesyGT » Thursday Jan 31, 2008 10:20 pm

Hi James

Off the top of my head about $5 per dozen

Cant really remember but not expensive
JonesyGT

Postby Tyberious Funk » Monday Mar 02, 2009 2:32 pm

Over a year since I first posted this message and Cospak have improved their website and now generate quotes within a few days.

Basically, the minimum quantity they'll sell me is 2250 stubbies for $750. Roughly 33c per bottle. I don't know if they're prepared to sell smaller quantities, but their website doesn't seem to indicate so.

IMHO, I'd happily pay 33c per bottle for a good collection of new, clean, de-labeled bottles, all the same shape and size. But not if I have to buy a minimum of $750 worth! Any brewers in Melbourne wanting to pitch together? Or is everyone kegging (or on longnecks only)?
Tyberious Funk

Postby WSC » Tuesday Mar 03, 2009 11:45 am

Try going to a Brew on Premise outlet like Brew for you or something. They will sell you stubbies no probs but I think they might be 50 cents each.

I too have tried the bottle manufacturers and they will sell longnecks but only in minimum quant of 1000.
WSC

Previous

Return to Buy, swap and sell