Headmaster glasses in Brisbane

Homebrewers and beer lovers, use this forum to sell, give away and seek supplies and equipment. If you are selling something on eBay post a link here.

Headmaster glasses in Brisbane

Postby mikey » Saturday Feb 23, 2008 8:30 pm

The missus bought some Headmaster glasses in the Vally catering supply shop about six months ago. Unfortunately, having two teenage girls who tend to drop things has meant the glass supply supply has diminished somewhat.

I went back to the shop only to be told they don't stock them anymore. Does anyone know where I can buy them?
mikey

Re: Headmaster glasses in Brisbane

Postby lethaldog » Saturday Feb 23, 2008 8:45 pm

The company that makes them does not make the larger version anymore but still make the pot sized ones, my local HBs has them and also has some of the larger ones ( i think they are about 400mls) and apparently the stock they have is the last that they are ever going to have but as far as QLD goes well i cant really help you on that one :lol: :wink:
Cheers
Leigh
lethaldog

Postby mikey » Sunday Feb 24, 2008 10:52 am

lethaldog wrote:The company that makes them does not make the larger version anymore but still make the pot sized ones, my local HBs has them and also has some of the larger ones ( i think they are about 400mls) and apparently the stock they have is the last that they are ever going to have but as far as QLD goes well i cant really help you on that one :lol: :wink:

(Sobs in remaining glass, adding subtle but still noticeable salty flavour to his current drop.)
mikey

Postby lethaldog » Sunday Feb 24, 2008 11:11 am

I may even go in and buy up the hbs's remaining stock and cos they are so good and ill have a stock of them that should last for years to come :lol: :wink:
Cheers
Leigh
lethaldog

Postby Ross » Sunday Feb 24, 2008 11:44 am

Personally I don't like the headmaster glasses. They make your beer go flat prematurely in the glass & if your beer is well made in the first place, it shouldn't need the help of an etched glass to give it head.

Just my 2 cents worth :wink:

Cheers Ross
http://www.craftbrewer.com.au
Hops, Grain, Yeast & Brewing Supplies
Ross

Postby lethaldog » Sunday Feb 24, 2008 12:03 pm

Ross wrote:Personally I don't like the headmaster glasses. They make your beer go flat prematurely in the glass & if your beer is well made in the first place, it shouldn't need the help of an etched glass to give it head.

Cheers Ross

Never had that problem myself and my beer is always well made i just like the glasses :wink:
Cheers
Leigh
lethaldog

Postby mikey » Tuesday Feb 26, 2008 9:41 pm

Ross wrote:Personally I don't like the headmaster glasses. They make your beer go flat prematurely in the glass & if your beer is well made in the first place, it shouldn't need the help of an etched glass to give it head.

Cheers Ross

I don't have problem with head in my beer but I like those glasses and I think they really work.
mikey

Postby scblack » Thursday Feb 28, 2008 8:08 am

Anybody got a picture of one?
"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer." - Dave Barry.
scblack

Postby Pommie » Tuesday Mar 04, 2008 1:03 pm

Bought my Headmaster and pint pots from here. good selection and the post was quick

http://www.pubshop.com.au/
Pubs serve beer in schooners because the heat warms the beer. Cant we have the beer in pints and drink faster?
Pommie

Postby lethaldog » Tuesday Mar 04, 2008 3:18 pm

bloody hell they are expensive i get my headmasters down here ( the big one) for $2.50 :wink: :lol:
Cheers
Leigh
lethaldog

Postby Pommie » Tuesday Mar 04, 2008 3:42 pm

lethaldog wrote:bloody hell they are expensive i get my headmasters down here ( the big one) for $2.50 :wink: :lol:

Might have to shop in Victoria, looks like the Queenslanders are ripping me off :)
Pubs serve beer in schooners because the heat warms the beer. Cant we have the beer in pints and drink faster?
Pommie

Postby lethaldog » Tuesday Mar 04, 2008 3:59 pm

Yeah it sounds like it :lol: they must know that we are about to be having a big shortage of them down here, as i said in an earlier post- they are discontinuing them and i heard that it was because the company was refusing to make them anymore :wink:
Cheers
Leigh
lethaldog

Return to Buy, swap and sell