Grolsch Flip Top Bottles

Homebrewers and beer lovers, use this forum to sell, give away and seek supplies and equipment. If you are selling something on eBay post a link here.

Grolsch Flip Top Bottles

Postby cods70 » Tuesday Mar 18, 2008 8:22 am

Am new to this brew scene (2nd brew on now). I have just purchased a number of Grolsch 473ml green bottles. Is there anything out of the ordinary that I need to look for with these i.e. Clealeness, seals etc. I have been told they are the easier bottes to brew with is this true?

Any advise is good advise>

Thanks

CODS70
cods70

Re: Grolsch Flip Top Bottles

Postby Kevnlis » Tuesday Mar 18, 2008 8:30 am

The seals should still be fairly soft and pliable. If they are dry rotting or hardened they should be replaced.

As for cleanliness they can be a bit of a pain to scrub out because of all the little hard to get to areas created by the swing top.

Give them all a good once over with your bottle brush and maybe a fingernail brush or old toothbrush (make sure both of the latter are fairly sanitary) and your bottle cleaner of choice.
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Re: Grolsch Flip Top Bottles

Postby Old Gil » Tuesday Mar 18, 2008 9:17 am

Also green bottle do not offer as much protection from the sunlight as the brown bottles do, so just make sure you store them in a box or in a dark area of he house :)
Is it beer'o'clock yet
Old Gil

Return to Buy, swap and sell