Bulahdelah??

Homebrewers and beer lovers, use this forum to sell, give away and seek supplies and equipment. If you are selling something on eBay post a link here.

Bulahdelah??

Postby Throsby » Thursday Mar 20, 2008 10:57 pm

G'day all,

I've just received word that I'm being transferred by the powers-that-be at work. I shall be leaving sunny Canberra for the mid-north coast in a few weeks. The town I will be working in (Bulahdelah) is fairly small, so obviously won't have a HBS, but I am curious as to just how far I will have to travel. Colin at my local HBS is excellent and will be hard to replace.

Will I have to go all the way to Newcastle to buy supplies? Or perhaps north to Taree? If so, which shops are the ones to stay away from and which are the good ones?

Thankyou in advance,

Throsby
Throsby

Re: Bulahdelah??

Postby warra48 » Friday Mar 21, 2008 5:09 am

I live in Port Macquarie.

The nearest good HB shop is Marks Home Brew in Mayfield in Newcastle, and it's excellent.
There is an HB shop in Port, but it's mainly aimed at K&K brewers and spirits makers.

Don't know if there is an HB shop in Taree or Forster Tuncurry.

And last, but by no means least, there's Ross at CraftBrewers.
warra48

Postby Throsby » Friday Mar 21, 2008 8:04 am

Cheers mate. I used to live in Waratah many years ago and plan to re-visit the area fairly often so a HBSin Mayfield will work out really well.

Great to know.

Thanks again,

Throsby.
Throsby

Postby Rabbitz » Tuesday Apr 01, 2008 1:47 pm

Good grief!!!

What did you do wrong? :)
"Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of lifes problems"
H.J. Simpson
Rabbitz

Postby warra48 » Tuesday Apr 01, 2008 3:09 pm

I think I might have been slightly misleading in my earlier post. However, I think Islington is geopgraphically quite close to Mayfield?

The details of the HB shop are in fact as follows:

Marks Home Brew
18 Maitland Rd
Islington NSW 2296

Phone 02 49 696 696
Fax 02 49 695 554
E-Mail mhb@ubrew.com.au
warra48

Postby Throsby » Tuesday Apr 01, 2008 8:09 pm

Close enough mate - Islington and Mayfield each hold a fair bit of disrepute.

Rest assured, I've done nothing wrong to be sent to the sunny and sub-tropical mid-north coast. It's a blessing. The local speakeasy (The Plough Inn) sells award-winning pies and has jetty-access. I figure if I can buy a houseboat and rig up some sort of permanent mooring to this jetty, everything else will take care of itself.

I've survived one winter of trying to Home Brew in Canberra and I'm ready to find somehere that can feed my habit all-year round.

Thanks again Warra. Out of curiousity, is there nowhere in Taree that could pass for a HBS??
Throsby

Return to Buy, swap and sell