page expired

Having trouble with an aspect of the forum? Have a suggestion for an improvement?

page expired

Postby yardglass » Friday Nov 11, 2005 9:29 am

hey guys,

any idea why I keep getting " page expired " when I go " back " after a search ?

thanks
yard
excuse me... your karma just ran over my dogma.

GOOD BREWS
yardglass

Postby Oliver » Saturday Nov 12, 2005 6:43 am

It's got to do with how searches are dealt with and the fact that you're trying to return to a page into which you've entered data. Different browsers handle it differently.

A couple of suggestions:

In most browsers, holding down the Shift key when you click a link from the search page will open the link in a new window, leaving the search page open.

If you're using a browser that features tabbed browsing (such as Firefox of Opera (or IE if you've got the MSN Search Toolbar installed)), hold down the Ctrl key when you click a link to open it in a new tab.

If you haven't experienced tabbed browsing before, download Firefox or Opera. It will change your surfing experience!

If you're using IE and don't want to install MSN Search Toolbar or migrate to Opera or Firefox (if you do you won't go back to IE), you'll have to wait for IE7, which features tabbed browsing.

Cheers,

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Postby yardglass » Saturday Nov 12, 2005 7:14 am

Thanks Oliver,

Didn't know that, I'll try it.

yg
excuse me... your karma just ran over my dogma.

GOOD BREWS
yardglass

Return to Forum support and suggestions