Message from Cooper's

Discussion of Lion Nathan's failed takeover bid for the independent Cooper's Brewery and links to articles and other discussions.

Message from Cooper's

Postby Oliver » Thursday Sep 08, 2005 11:22 am

I posted a message on the Cooper's Club message board telling them about our discussion area about the Lion Nathan takeover bid.

Paul from Cooper's posted this reply.

G'day Oliver,

Readers of your forum who feel strongly about supporting Coopers may like to become a Coopers Club Member. What a great way to show their support for the Coopers Family!

They can join on-line: http://www.coopers.com.au/default2.asp

Click on Coopers Club and Join the Club.

We would appreciate it if you communicated this message to your readers.

Cheers!

Paul
Oliver
Administrator

Postby Tony » Thursday Sep 08, 2005 12:12 pm

Good point.

Cooper's have rejected the "offer": http://www.coopers.com.au/files/COOPERS%20-%20REJECTION%20STATEMENT.pdf

Tony
Tony

Postby Dogger Dan » Friday Sep 09, 2005 10:24 am

Doesn't it cost some cake to join, its nice here, why can't they come here? Why do I have to become a member to tell them I like them?

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby gregb » Friday Sep 09, 2005 9:16 pm

gregb

Postby Smabb » Saturday Sep 10, 2005 11:04 am

Dogger Dan wrote:Doesn't it cost some cake to join, its nice here, why can't they come here? Why do I have to become a member to tell them I like them?

Dogger

I'm with ya Dogger! I 'm also trying to figure out how me (or anyone else) joining the club will change whether the shareholders decide to sell up or not.

To be honest I'm more interested in the Coopers products than the ownership issue. Will changing the ownership damage their products? Who knows, but you'd have to say they certainly wouldn't do it deliberately.

Is it good that its Australian owned - well its OK, though anyone can buy shares in Lion Nathan if it makes them feel good but Coopers are held by family apparently so unless you were born lucky or married cleverly looks like you miss out.

So in the meantime I'm an interested bystander, guess I hope the status quo remains but I reckon this is more emotion than logic.
Smabb

Postby Oliver » Saturday Sep 10, 2005 2:03 pm

Dogger Dan wrote:Doesn't it cost some cake to join, its nice here, why can't they come here? Why do I have to become a member to tell them I like them?

Don't shoot me. I'm just the messenger!

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Postby Dogger Dan » Saturday Sep 10, 2005 11:42 pm

No Oliver,

I would never do that, It just struck me as a money grab rather than a show of soliderity, I was thinking it could have been better written.

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby bobbioli » Sunday Sep 11, 2005 1:02 am

I agree strangly written. I'll just stand by and see what happens. Big hello from up north. I am a big Coopers fan and wouldn't want to see any big changes
I like beer oh yes I do. doo daa doo daa. I like beer oh yes I do. oh daa doo daa day
bobbioli

Postby JaCk_SpArRoW » Wednesday Jan 11, 2006 8:59 am

Dogger Dan wrote:No Oliver,

I would never do that, It just struck me as a money grab rather than a show of soliderity, I was thinking it could have been better written.

Dogger

Just read thru this forum post & agree with ya Snoop....sounds like a money thing to me....from memory its $35 to join!
:twisted: Ćĥĕĕŕś Ň ÃƒÅ¸ĕĕŕś :twisted:
~Ĵ@©ķ~
"Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk" - Homer
http://blackpearlbrewingco.blogspot.com/
JaCk_SpArRoW

Postby r.magnay » Wednesday Jan 11, 2006 5:12 pm

Yeah,
it is not as much of a money grab as it may first appear, they have Coopers club nights, (Which I have missed so far) but they give promotional stuff to you, you get cheap or free Coopers beers, they have a lot of discount vouchers for various things that would suit city people, I don't get a chance to use them out here, but still, you get a gift of a reasonable value probably not much short of the joining fee, you qualify for 10% discount on all Coopers products if you buy them from Coopers and there are a few other perks that just don't come to mind, I concede that it would not be a viable excersise for Dogger or any other overseas blokes, but it is Ok here in Oz.............. Each to his own, but I joined again this year........just because.
Bit like being a member of a footy club I 'spose. (or hockey)
Ross
r.magnay

Postby MHD » Wednesday Jan 11, 2006 5:34 pm

Coopers would be the brewery to support...

mmm coopers...
Fermenting: Responsibly American Brown (Drink Responsibly) My first AG!
Bottled: Fuggles Larger/ale, Honey I'm Home Ale, Entropy Wheat, Dark Matter Ale, The Beer that Should Not Be (IPA)
MHD

Postby Rubber.Piggy » Wednesday Jan 11, 2006 8:38 pm

r.magnay wrote:Yeah,
it is not as much of a money grab as it may first appear, they have Coopers club nights, (Which I have missed so far) but they give promotional stuff to you, you get cheap or free Coopers beers, they have a lot of discount vouchers for various things that would suit city people, I don't get a chance to use them out here, but still, you get a gift of a reasonable value probably not much short of the joining fee, you qualify for 10% discount on all Coopers products if you buy them from Coopers and there are a few other perks that just don't come to mind, I concede that it would not be a viable excersise for Dogger or any other overseas blokes, but it is Ok here in Oz.............. Each to his own, but I joined again this year........just because.
Bit like being a member of a footy club I 'spose. (or hockey)

Yeah, I just had a sqiz and it looks like you get quite a bit for your $35. I think as long as you make use of it all it looks like good value. Now I'm starting to think about jumping on board...
"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success."
Rubber.Piggy

Return to The battle for Cooper's